1. Positive reinforcement works. Notice and reinforce what you like.
2. Be patient. Most things improve with time. Setbacks are part of progress.
3. Forgive quickly (including yourself). Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has bad days.
4. When in doubt, keep moving.
5. Don’t scold or punish. It’s rarely effective.
6. Make time for physical affection. Be present in the moment.
7. Everyone is an individual. Respect that.
8. Resist the urge to micromanage. Let go of having total control. Breathe.
9. Every moment is an opportunity to earn and build trust.
10. Seize opportunities for joy, spontaneity, and silliness.